Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Why Won't Anyone Say Gay



I am noticing a disturbing trend in all of these ads. Here Diane Feinstein is talking about discrimination and how prop 8 is discriminating. Against whom? Gays and lesbians. Not once does she say the "G" word.

In fact gay people are nowhere to be found on these ads. Why? Because we would lose the election?

I am tired.

I am tired of lots of things. I'm tired that this is an issue. I am tired that we will not call a spade a spade. I am gay. Barack Obama is black. Yet no one seems to mention these things.

Lets call it what it really is. This is discriminating against me. It's taken a long time to come to the conclusion that it is ok to be gay, and I still don't feel that way a lot of time when I am out in the world. I don't need this campaign to bring that shame back.

Lets put a face on the issue. Look me in the eye when you discriminate against me.

I promise that after the election I will stop being all political. How soon after the election depends on how things go on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. It reminds me how my mom used to call our relationship "the situation". And never ever uses the word gay. It's like the boggy man word.