Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Weigh-In #5




Despite a trip to San Francisco this weekend with outings to Ghirardelli Square, delicious pecan pie, and short ribs that melted in my mouth I managed to lose 2 lbs. this week. I am so excited to almost be halfway to my goal.

I know a lot of people might think it's shallow to lose weight to look good on your wedding day, and maybe it is, but this is about more than that. I don't just want to lose weight, I want to be more fit and in better shape. I want to permanently carry on healthier eating habits.

In addition to that next year I turn 30, and I want to start a new decade of my life in better shape and carry that through to my 40's. Although being thinner than all my college friends at the wedding will also be nice.

1 comment:

Adam said...

No one is going to take you to task for getting a hair cut to look good on your wedding, losing some weight falls in the same category. You want to be your best!

I've been trying to hit the gym more myself. I'm sure once we set a date, things will be easier to get motivated.