Monday, September 22, 2008

No on Prop 8 Launches First Televeision Ad



The No on Prop 8 campaign launched the first ad in what is sure to be a grueling campaign. The ad features an elderly couple talking about their lesbian daughter. Nice looking old people, non-threatening, the sort of people you wish were your grandparents. I guess it doesn't really do it for me, but this sort of stuff must work, right?

The campaign is raising funds to air the ad as much as possible leading up to the election. You can contribute here. Working around lots of media in the LA area I know how important and expensive these campaigns can be, so I'll be making a contribution today (even though it does tick me off to have to contribute money to a campaign to ensure we keep the right to get married when I would rather be spending that money getting married, grrr).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that you shouldn't have to pay for this kinds of stuff. I hope the rest of the US wises up soon!!! This kind of discrimination is disgusting to me.