Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Welcome Back Me!


I feel a little bit like that guy that said he was totally gonna call you but never did. Except I'm calling you right now with a whole bunch of excuses!

Well first of all December is my absolute worst month at work. It is crazy busy. Every year my organization builds the Donate Life Rose Parade Float. Lucky me is the one who takes all the pictures and video and posts them on the web real time. It's a handful to say the least.

So with all the work happenings and not sleeping very much blogging and wedding stuff fell way to the bottom of my priorities.

Also my attitude about this whole wedding has shifted. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very excited to be getting married, but the passing of Prop 8 affected me in a deep way.

To borrow an idea Peonies and Polaroids borrowed from A Practical Wedding who borrowed it from East Side Bride: Glitter.

To be more precise the knocking-off of glitter, figuratively. A bit of glitter got knocked off our wedding with the passage of prop 8, people voting to deny you the right to get married and people suing to dissolve your marriage will kind of do that.

Not that it's an entirely bad thing. It knocked me down off my cloud and made me stop caring about all the details that won't be so important and made me appreciate what a great day it's going to be.

I'm going to be there. My man's going to be there. My family is going to be there. My friends will be there. We're going to have a good day.

And not to worry, I'm gonna throw some paint on it and toss some glitter on it, some of it is bound to stick, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, bound to.

Adam said...

I totally agree. You are so right...

Me and my man decided to work on our own schedule, becuase it's just crazy to try and wait for the world to catch up.

At the end of the day, having the person you love, your family, and your friends there is the whole point.